Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Kindred Connection: Pets!

I'm linking up with Kristin from Windy Poplars. She does a special posting every once in a while called Kindred Connection, (I don't know how often she does these special posts because this is the first time I've ever read her blog) this one is on pets. I already wanted to do a post on our puppies so I thought why not get some linking action in there. Anywhoo - Kristin has a cute little blog and has two puppies like me! I see more reading in my future!


Windy Poplars

 
  1. What pets currently reside at your house?
    • Our black lab puppies, Samson & Gus, are almost 7 months old. My husband found them on Craigslist after our first try for a German Shepherd pup fell through. We didn't know there were only two left so we went in planning to buy just one...well we could stand taking one and leaving the other - and I'm so indecisive I couldn't choose - so we came home with both. I'm so glad we did.
  2. What is one really strange thing your pet(s) does?
    • I'm not sure if they really do anything strange but ever since we transitioned them to outside life, they've chewed on everything but their toys...you can read about their most recent chew-fest here. They are very lazy and you can find them sleeping on our front porch almost all the time. So much for being guard pups...
  3. Now fess up here: give us your nicknames for your pet
    • Their full names are Samson Taylor and Gustafer [gus-ta-fer] Leonard. We call them: babies, Sam, Sammy, Gus, Gus-Gus, Gussy and butt-waggers. The last is because when they are really excited they wag their tail so hard that they are wagging their booty as well. It's so funny!
  4. Are your pets spoiled or not (grin)?
    • I don't think we spoil them. We love on them lots and play with them whenever we can but spoiled? Nope I don't think so. 
  5. Insert pet pics here :-)
1. Samson, 2 months
2. Gus, 2 months
3. Our lazy pups, 3 months
4. Samson [left] Gus [right], 5 months
5. Samson [left] - Gus [right], 7 months

3 comments:

  1. They're so adorable! I definitely see your reasoning in taking both, I probably would've done the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are so cute!! way to go on not spoiling them...we're the worst at that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cheri! How lovely to meet you...thanks for participating in our Kindred Connection this week. Your little twins are so precious. Love the names too. Especially Gustafer! :-) I was reading your "about me" page, and we have so many of your Top Ten things in common - I think we could be friends! Oh, and I wanted to ask you where you guys went for your cabin getaway...(from Miscellany Monday). That photo was incredible! My hubby and I are looking for someplace to go for our anniversary next month, and remote sounds good to me.- Collecting all the recommendations I can at the moment... Well, I hope you have had a wonderful day so far. I'll look forward to talking with you again soon. ~Kristin from Windy Poplars

    ReplyDelete