Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

I'm Back!

Did ya miss me?

I wish I could say I've been on a fabulous vacation, but sadly that is not the case for me. Here's what I've been up to:

  1. School: My two summer classes have been keeping me busy. Thanks goodness I only have one class left and then a 3 week break before my final set of classes! Then, student teaching in the spring! Yay! 
  2. Job: So you all might know that I'm not a fan of my current job. I'll leave it at that. So after much deliberation and budgeting we've decided that I can quit my job and start subbing when school starts. That means I've been working my booty off to get job applications into all the surrounding counties and a couple private schools nearby. I won't be able to start some until September including the county I live in, which stinks but there are a couple I will be on the list for as soon as school starts, so that's a relief. The only thing keeping my at my job now is my husband...he won't let me put in my two weeks yet, not really sure why...but I'm still working on him. I am ready to be done!
  3. Home: A hose to our dishwasher is leaking...like big time! So I am not allowed to use it and am forced to use my blog time to wash our dishes. You might not think that's a lot of dishes, but it is! I cook every night, like really cook not just warm up food or leftovers and we all know how much it takes to cook food. Pots, utensils, cups, plates, bowls, etc. Yeah, I'm seriously considering ordering in every night. 
In other news, I found an cool no-sew tote that I am going to try to make. It's meant to be used for groceries. I just need to get the fabric! I'll share all the details when I get around to making it. Which will hopefully be next week.

I'm going to leave you with this picture of my sweet, little niece. Have a great weekend ya'll!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Cheri! Nice to hear from you here on blogland! I know what you mean about dishwashing, the home we're in now is the first one that has had a dishwasher, so I've certainly put in my time at the sink :-) Hope it gets fixed soon! Enjoy your few weeks of R&R! I'm sure you're totally excited! Good luck w/ your subbing...sounds like fun! Happy weekend to you my friend.~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're back! I don't get to see you enough in real life...and then you've been gone from blog world. :) Glad things are slowing down a bit for you and things are looking up! You should make sure to contact the head of personnel too and let him know you'd be interested in long-term subbing if it comes up...Bellarmine people are always thought highly of for those positions! I'll be praying that everything goes smoothly for you. LOVE that pic of her!

    ReplyDelete